Saturday, July 6, 2024

Flea Market Wax Pack #1

So a few days ago I was in Fort Collins, Colorado (I live in Cheyenne, Wyoming) and went into a flea market / antique store. I am usually on the lookout for something baseball or Disney related and this time I found something. Inside a case were six packs of 1987 Topps. I was going to just grab one because they were a bit pricey at $5 a pack but I just couldn't leave the other five packs there. So worse case scenario I have a little fun opening packs and I add a few cards to my set build of 1987 Topps.

Here is wax pack #1:

583 - Junior Ortiz, Pittsburgh Pirates
* 213 - Randy Myers, New York Mets (Rookie)
* 51 - Mel Hall, Cleveland Indians
* 40 - Dave Righetti, New York Yankees
233 - Russ Morman, Chicago White Sox (Rookie)
* 75 - Ron Darling, New York Mets
* 239 - Juan Espino, New York Yankees
* 399 - Curt Ford, St. Louis Cardinals
* 375 - Ron Guidry, New York Yankees
722 - Bob Knepper, Houston Astros
259 - Mike Greenwell, Boston Red Sox (Rookie)
685 - Jerry Hairston, Chicago White Sox
675 - Ed Romero, Boston Red Sox
769 - Steve Sax, Los Angeles Dodgers
421 - Jose DeLeon, Chicago White Sox
224 - Wayne Tolleson, New York Yankees
666 - Von Hayes, Philadelphia Phillies

* - Needed for my set.
Card Highlights

#40 Dave Righetti

#259 Mike Greenwell (Rookie)

The Mike Greenwell rookie card would have excited me back in 1987. The Dave Righetti card is on the wax pack box so that's something? For the most part this pack was a bad one. I was able to add seven cards to my collection though, bringing me to 631 of the 792 cards needed for a complete set. 

Stay tuned for Wax Pack #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment