Sunday, July 7, 2024

Flea Market Wax Pack #2


So a few days ago I was in Fort Collins, Colorado (I live in Cheyenne, Wyoming) and went into a flea market / antique store. I am usually on the lookout for something baseball or Disney related and this time I found something. Inside a case were six packs of 1987 Topps. I was going to just grab one because they were a bit pricey at $5 a pack but I just couldn't leave the other five packs there. So worse case scenario I have a little fun opening packs and I add a few cards to my set build of 1987 Topps.

Here is wax pack #2:

760 - Mike Witt, California Angels
556 - Angels Leaders TL
687 - Alan Trammell, Detroit Lions (Hall of Fame)
532 - Jeff Stone, Philadelphia Phillies
* 323 - Al Newman, Montreal Expos (Rookie)
* 712 - Don Robinson, Pittsburgh Pirates
* 81 - Padres Leaders TL
445 - Dave Lopes, Houston Astros
182 - Lee Lacy, Baltimore Orioles
* 372 - Jerry Humphrey, Chicago Cubs
* 281 - Reds Leaders TL
125 - Bob Brenly, San Francisco Giants
17 - Pete O'Brien, Texas Rangers
553 - Mike Maddox, Philadelphia Phillies (Rookie)
* 140 - Bret Saberhagen, Kansas City Royals
* 208 - John Shelby, Baltimore Orioles
254 - Bob Tewksbury, New York Yankees (Rookie)

* - Needed for my set.
Card Highlights
#140 Bret Saberhagen

If you thought Flea Market Wax Pack #1 was bad, I give you Flea Market Wax Pack #2! The Bret Saberhagen (I collected him in the late 1980's) and adding 7 cards to my collection are the only redeeming qualities for this pack. I now have 638 of the 792 (80.5%) cards needed for a complete set. 

Stay tuned for Flea Market Wax Pack #3.

No comments:

Post a Comment