Monday, July 8, 2024

Flea Market Wax Pack #3


So a few days ago I was in Fort Collins, Colorado (I live in Cheyenne, Wyoming) and went into a flea market / antique store. I am usually on the lookout for something baseball or Disney related and this time I found something. Inside a case were six packs of 1987 Topps. I was going to just grab one because they were a bit pricey at $5 a pack but I just couldn't leave the other five packs there. So worse case scenario I have a little fun opening packs and I add a few cards to my set build of 1987 Topps.

Here is wax pack #3:

152 - Toby Harrah, Texas Rangers
246 - Jim Dwyer, Baltimore Orioles
454 - Luis Salazar, Chicago White Sox
499 - Bruce Ruffin, Philadelphia Phillies All-Star Rookie (Rookie)
636 - Darren Daulton, Philadelphia Phillies
596 - Steve Sax, Los Angeles Dodgers All-Star / League Leader
184 - Bobby Bonilla, Pittsburgh Pirates (Rookie)
306 - Red Sox Leaders TL
352 - Mike Felder, Milwaukee Brewers
* 199 - Mariano Duncan, Los Angeles Dodgers
* 250 - Teddy Higuera, Milwaukee Brewers
531 - Astros Leaders TL
573 - Hal McRae, Kansas City Royals
447 - Bill Almon, Pittsburgh Pirates
519 - Curt Young, Oakland A's
* 253 - Eddie Milner, Cincinnati Reds
122 - Jim Clancy, Toronto Blue Jays

* - Needed for my set.
Card Highlights
#199 Bobby Bonilla (Rookie)
#449 Bruce Ruffin All-Star Rookie (Rookie)
#596 Steve Sax All-Star / League Leader

No big names, I was able to pull a Bobby Bonilla and Bruce Ruffin rookie as well as a Steve Sax All-Star card as well as 3 missing cards from my 1987 Topps build. That brings me to 641 of the 792 (80.9%) cards needed to complete the set. 

Stay tuned for Flea Market Wax Pack #4.

No comments:

Post a Comment