Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Flea Market Wax Pack #4


So a few days ago I was in Fort Collins, Colorado (I live in Cheyenne, Wyoming) and went into a flea market / antique store. I am usually on the lookout for something baseball or Disney related and this time I found something. Inside a case were six packs of 1987 Topps. I was going to just grab one because they were a bit pricey at $5 a pack but I just couldn't leave the other five packs there. So worse case scenario I have a little fun opening packs and I add a few cards to my set build of 1987 Topps.

Here is wax pack #4:

303 - Juan Berenguer, San Francisco Giants
758 - Tony Bernazard, Cleveland Indians
* 733 - Bill Caudill, Toronto Blue Jays
177 - Keith Moreland, Chicago Cubs
* 612 - George Bell, Toronto Blue Jays All-Star / League Leader
472 - Steve Farr, Kansas City Royals
773 - Robin Yount, Milwaukee Brewers (Hall of Fame)
61 - Bobby Thigpen, Chicago White Sox (Rookie)
458 - Kelly Gruber, Toronto Blue Jays
453 - Scott Terry, Cincinnati Reds (Rookie)
270 - Jody Davis, Chicago Cubs
331 - Mets Leaders TL
201 - John Cangelosi, Chicago White Sox (Rookie)
520 - Jack Clark, St. Louis Cardinals
352 - Mike Felder, Milwaukee Brewers
199 - Mariano Duncan, Los Angeles Dodgers
250 - Teddy Higuera, Milwaukee Brewers

* - Needed for my set.

Card Highlights
#61 Bobby Thigpen (Rookie)
#520 Jack Clark
#612 George Bell All-Star / League Leaders
#773 Robin Yount (Hall of Fame)

Still looking for the big names from the 1987 set! Pulled a rookie card of a decent closer in Bobby Thigpen, Jack Clark in a possible run-down, George Bell All-Star card and a Hall of Famer in Robin Yount. This pack only had 2 cards I needed for my 1987 Topps build, bringing my total to 643 of the 792 (81.2%).

Stay tuned for Flea Market Wax Pack #5.

No comments:

Post a Comment