Sunday, July 14, 2024

Flea Market Wax Pack #5


So a few days ago I was in Fort Collins, Colorado (I live in Cheyenne, Wyoming) and went into a flea market / antique store. I am usually on the lookout for something baseball or Disney related and this time I found something. Inside a case were six packs of 1987 Topps. I was going to just grab one because they were a bit pricey at $5 a pack but I just couldn't leave the other five packs there. So worse case scenario I have a little fun opening packs and I add a few cards to my set build of 1987 Topps.

Here is wax pack #5:

366 - Mark McGwire, Oakland Athletics
124 - Ray Fontenot, Minnesota Twins
728 - Tippy Martinez, Baltimore Orioles
654 - Checklist: 529-660 CL
401 - Billy Jo Rubidoux, Milwaukee Brewers
266 - Jeff Hamilton, Los Angeles Dodgers (Rookie)
672 - Chili Davis, San Francisco Giants
598 - Ozzie Smith, St. Louis Cardinals All-Star / League Leaders (Hall of Fame)
460 - Darryl Strawberry, New York Mets
162 - Mike LaValliere, St. Louis Cardinals (Rookie)
* 295 - Len Dykstra, New York Mets
* 525 - Phil Bradley, Seattle Mariners
* 433 - Ed Hearn, New York Mets (Rookie)
257 - Bob Forsch, St. Louis Cardinals
60 - Tony Pena, Pittsburgh Pirates
121 - Kevin Romine, Boston Red Sox (Rookie)
* 470 - Dave Dravecky, San Diego Padres

* - Needed for my set.

Card Highlights
#366 Mark McGwire
#460 Darryl Strawberry
#598 Ozzie Smith All-Star / League Leaders (Hall of Fame)

Finally pulled a big name from the 1987 Topps set - Mark McGwire! Also pulled a Darryl Strawberry and Hall of Fame Ozzie Smith All-Star card. This pack had 4 cards I needed for my 1987 Topps build, bringing my total to 647 of the 792 (81.2%).

Stay tuned for Flea Market Wax Pack #6.

No comments:

Post a Comment