Sunday, July 14, 2024

Flea Market Wax Pack #6


So a few days ago I was in Fort Collins, Colorado (I live in Cheyenne, Wyoming) and went into a flea market / antique store. I am usually on the lookout for something baseball or Disney related and this time I found something. Inside a case were six packs of 1987 Topps. I was going to just grab one because they were a bit pricey at $5 a pack but I just couldn't leave the other five packs there. So worse case scenario I have a little fun opening packs and I add a few cards to my set build of 1987 Topps.

Here is wax pack #6:

140 - Bret Saberhagen, Kansas City Royals
208 - John Shelby, Baltimore Orioles
254 - Bob Tewksbury, New York Yankees (Rookie)
458 - Kelly Gruber, Toronto Blue Jays
270 - Jody Davis, Chicago Cubs
453 - Scott Terry, Cincinnati Reds (Rookie)
331 - Mets Leaders TL
201 - John Cangelosi, Chicago White Sox (Rookie)
520 - Jack Clark, St. Louis Cardinals
545 - Buddy Bell, Cincinnati Reds
572 - Pete Ladd, Seattle Mariners
114 - Billy Beane, Minnesota Twins
715 - Bob Dernier, Chicago Cubs
561 - Rey Quinones, Seattle Mariners (Rookie)
448 - Chris Bosio, Milwaukee Brewers (Rookie)
459 - Dennis Eckersly, Chicago Cubs (Hall of Fame)
610 - Jim Rice, Boston Red Sox All-Star / League Leaders (Hall of Fame)

* - Needed for my set.

Card Highlights
#140 Bret Saberhagen
#459 Dennis Eckersley (Hall of Fame)
#520 Jack Clark
#610 Jim Rice All-Star / League Leaders (Hall of Fame)

This pack seemed to have quite a few doubles from the previous 5 packs. Pulled another Bret Saberhagen (I used to collect him as a teenager) and Jack Clark (I like the action shot) plus two Hall of Famers in Dennis Eckersley and Jim Rice. This pack contained no cards I needed for my set build so I am still at 647 of the 792 (81.2%) of the cards to finish the set. 

This is the last pack of the six wax packs I bought at the Antique Store / Flea Market. I did recently purchase 24 cello packs of 1987 Topps on eBay so look out for those posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment